Skip to content
Butternut Squash Soup
- Juice 2 apples, 1 onion, 1 bunch of celery, 1 butternut squash. Add 1 cup water.
- Sauté onion and garlic. Season w/cinnamon, pepper, cardamom, nutmeg. Deglaze with juice. Add fresh herbs: lavender, rosemary, thyme and purple sage
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, season ^ and roast at 375 until caramelized and tender.
- Scrape out squash into pot w/ juice and sautéed ingredients
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 25-45 minutes. (longer the better)
- Blend and strain soup, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish w/ honey and crumbled walnuts
- Ingredient List
- 2 apples, 1 onion, 1 bunch celery, 1 butternut squash, 3 garlic cloves, 1ts each herb
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup walnuts toasted and ½ cup honey